Saturday, July 30, 2011

Pittsburgh lottery Brad Duke winner $250 million


Pittsburgh lottery - Brad Duke, 34, a manager for five Gold Gym franchises in Idaho, pocketed a lump sum of $ 85 million after winning a $ 220 million Powerball jackpot in 2005. He spent the first month installed a new life of financial advisory team. His goal: to use a win to become a millionaire. Here is what Duke has done with the money so far.

* $ 45 million: Safe, low-risk investments such as municipal bonds
brad_duke.03.jpg
Brad Duke won the powerball jackpot $ 220 million in 2005.
More from Fortune
Forbes family a major problem causing major problems
"Apple will reject the claim of law and unrelentingly harsh '
6 green leaders in red states
Fortune 500
Current Issue
Subscribe to Fortune
* $ 35 million: Aggressive investments like oil and gas and real estate
* $ 1.3 million: A family foundation
* $ 63,000: A trip to Tahiti with 17 friends
* $ 125,000: Mortgage retired on his 1.400 square feet
* $ 18,000: Student-loan repayment
* $ 65,000: New bicycles, including road bikes BMC $ 12,000
* $ 14,500: A used black VW Jetta
* $ 12,000: Annual gift to each family member

Do you often buy lottery tickets or this one thing at a time?

I play the lottery often when I win. I've developed a little numbering system. Since I've won, there are many numbering systems for lotteries all over the Internet. Before that, no nothing. I really thought I would win. I also write in my journal in 2002.

How did you develop your system?

How to choose my lottery numbers come through a process of trial and error. I just started playing the numbers game with myself about how to catch a number of the most diverse. Then I saw a Powerball number of the most recent six months ago and took a set of 15 numbers next most common. My Powerball numbers will be those 15. So I started messing around with it, and the numbers game I get a little complex and slightly larger. I started to win smaller amounts like $ 150 and $ 500.

So many lottery winners have sad endings. Are you worried about that?

I always handled the responsibility well. If you receive the check, you receive an amazing responsibility to yourself and whomever you decide to include in it. I was quiet about winning for a month before I decided to leave. At that time, I have gained as much as I can research on the existing lottery winners and what their stories. Many of them lost all the money in a short amount. I see the statistics of where people in ten years do not have any. In ten years, I want to cost about ten times. I think many people play the lottery are those who live in hope.
What is your first major purchase?

A trip to Tahiti for me and 17 of my friends. At the same time, I pay my mortgage and student. [What is your biggest purchase?] Family Foundation is the largest allocation of money. $ 1.3 million.

What else do you do with your money?

I want to make the most of opportunities given to me, so I put together a team with the intention to achieve and maintain a status of $ 1 billion in the period of time. I want to do it in 10 years, I know it is aggressive. I speak my team to see in 15 years. But it looks like we are on track for 12 years. When you do something like that, the more you become worth, a faster growth curve you. Total net worth of my right now is at the unofficial total of $ 128 to $ 130 million. We have done well for the first year and a half.

What about the big new house or new luxury car?

I think I was more concerned about spending time on my investment and consulting company to help me along and do something fun with family and my friends. I will have a new house and big car at some point, but not now. The great thing about lotteries is that I can experience the wonderful thing with people I care about. I started a consulting company and am employing some people who have helped me along with my job. I brought my family on the cruise.

You have treated yourself to something.

I bought the bike. I probably own over 17 bikes. I also bought a 2002 Jetta. I gave my 2005 Jetta to my nephew. Therefore, it is the same car except mine is white and black.

You have a new car that you gave to your nephew and you bought an older car?

That's right. I want a black VW Jetta with black interior. Believe it or not, those who are really hard to find. I went to a local dealer and had them track one for me. They had to go to Texas to get. It fit my bicycle rack is really good.

What happened to your work at the Gym Gold?

I still teach a spinning class there twice a week. I took some time after the whole thing because everybody had investment opportunities that the greatest thing since bread, and there are 100 of them every day. So I had to get out of there for a while, but when I went back, who I taught for eight years ago is still the same person, and I'm still the same instructor.

Do you give money to members of your family?

One of the first things I did was to give everyone in my family the maximum amount without tax consequences. I have all my nieces and nephews college fund 'set up, and they have set. And there is no debt to anyone else. Everyone is happy.

Are you happy that you won ¹ money?

Of course. When it comes to it, I can do things professionally that I always wanted to do. I can create a piece of equipment that I always think about doing. I can give back to the few people who have given me over the years.